I have to share an amazing recipe with you! It is as easy as pancakes but the texture is divine! Jeff and I have had crepes before, but during our weekly trips to the market we have been indulging more often than we probably should. We tried to abstain for a while but I missed them so much I experimented with healthier versions of them. This is the recipe we have polished and love!
- 2 Cups whole wheat flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 TBSP butter
- Mix the flour and eggs
- Add the vanilla and salt and alternate adding liquid and stirring
- Mix in butter and let rest 5 minutes
- Heat a pan with a little oil or butter
- Use 1/3 cup measuring cup and pour into hot pan, rotating pan to evenly distribute batter
- Flip crepe halfway through
- Top as you see fit!
I used a food processor, but hand mixing will do, I have also subbed the water and milk with rice milk, any milk sub would work. We top ours with a drizzle of honey, sprinkle of cinnamon and roll them up. Others prefer with nut or seed butters stuffed with fruit. Butter, oil, cinnamon and sugar are a favorite.