I just have to share my new favorite meal with you! It is super easy and one of the most delicious meals I have ever tasted, and could pretty much eat it twice a week. Granted, I do have issues with moderation…. :)
- Sausage links (I use 5 brats)
- Veggies (I use fresh green beans and chopped carrots, about two cups worth, you could use broccoli)
- Potatoes (nope, these don’t count as veggies ;)
- One large or two small yellow onions (not an option, this makes it sweet and flavorful)
- Package of Italian dressing seasoning
- 1/2-3/4 stick of butter
- Place brats on bottom of a 9×13
- Layer potatoes, veggies and onions on top.
- Sprinkle italian dressing mix evenly over mixture.
- Slice butter thinly and place evenly on top of everything.
- Cover and bake at 375 for about an hour, or until it smells like heaven and the brats are fully cooked.
You could also just cook it in foil but I find it easier to line a pan with foil. If your worried about aluminum in your diet, just use a dish with a bake able cover and omit the foil. I am sorry I do not have an after picture but we eat it so fast that it doesn’t last very long. We alternate different veggies and combinations, but the sausage, onion and seasoning are non negotiable ;)