As traveling missionaries, we get to visit a LOT of neat places! My quick review for today is from a place close to where I grew up, and my absolute favorite beach! I do have some close seconds, but my all time favorite beach is Clearwater Beach.
Perks of Clearwater beach:
- Softest, finest, whitest sand in FL (and I’ve been to several neat beaches in FL)
- Some of the clearest water in FL
- Not full of shells (to the dismay of some, but your toes will thank you)
- Playground in the shade
- Neat pier to walk down (sometimes has vendors)
- Cabana rentals
- Recreational activities
- Bathroom access
- Neat shopping strip in walking distance
- Necessities in walking distance (sunscreen, food, etc)
- You can watch the sun set over the water! Oh how I miss living by the gulf and watching the sunset!!!
Not so amazing truths:
- Traffic can be rough, especially if there is a concert in Coachmen Park (maybe they fixed this since I was in highschool?)
- People. It is not overly crowded, but far from private. I don’t like being near too many people at the beach but this amount is not a deterrent to me.
- Paying to park/finding parking. We parked close and payed 2.50, but I know some who have principles against paying to park near the beach ;)
- No lifeguard on duty. There is a shack for it, but the no lifeguard sign is usually up when I go.
My family lives about an hour away from this beach now, so even though our visit was short, we went to this beach instead of the closer, less awesome beaches.